Monday, April 11, 2005

Bloy: indecisive on STV

A few months back, Harry Bloy showed signs of indecision regarding the STV referendum:

And getting the politicians to support the plan could be difficult, too. Burquitlam MLA Harry Bloy said he supported the work of the Citizens' Assembly, but he stopped short of endorsing their STV proposal.

"I support the Citizens' Assembly 150 per cent," Bloy said Tuesday morning. "I applaud them for the work that they do, and their recommendation is what will go to the people of British Columbia and I support that recommendation."

When asked if that meant he'll vote 'Yes' on the referendum, Bloy said: "I support that recommendation and I look forward to it coming to government so I can review it."

For someone who likes campaigning so much, it is a big surprise that he doesn't have an opinion to express on the subject.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home